Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Overhall: Day 1 - Prepping for Paint

After almost two years of owning this house, I'm finally painting!  The paint has been purchased (that credit card is crying a little) and the walls are being prepped.  Today Dad started repairing some of the holes left behind by the previous owner...there were a lot of them!
 I even helped!  This is the one I did today.  Maybe I'll do some of them tomorrow to practice my dry-wall repair skills.
After they dried I started sanding and looked for other funky spots on the wall to repair before we paint.
Then I wanted to test if a primer would be necessary and, honestly, I was just dying to try out the color, so I got a little bit of paint up on the wall tonight.  I went with a gray shade of Valspar paint called Dolphin Cove for most of the walls in the house.
I'm excited to finish the prep tomorrow and jump into painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment