Sunday, April 3, 2011

Guest Bedroom Progress

I've decided to go with a purple/white/silver color scheme for the guest bedroom.  I'm hoping to get the room painted in this summer but there is plenty of work to do in the mean time.  Here's what it looked like a week ago.
With this guest room, in my mind I've envisioned a small night stand on either side of the bed and that wasn't an option with bed up against the corner walls in the above picture.  So of course, with some free time over spring break, I decided to move the furniture around.  The bed ended up under the window with the other "leftovers" that have been dumped in the guest room for now have moved to that back corner.



















Next, I decided to get rid of the flimsy bookcase full of VHS tapes on the back wall and replace the flowery comforter.  I decided to go with a solid white comforter with purple accents.  After shopping around all week, pricing comforters (and looking for cute purple accent pieces), I ended up at Ikea!  I got comforter and duvet set for under $50!  And once I got it home and on the bed, I realized that the purple afghan I crocheted last year would be perfect for the foot of the bed! 




















The pictures above show the new comforter, my purple afghan and the cute little purple flower I picked up this week.  I think the room is looking better already!  Next, I want to get some curtains, finish cleaning out the "leftovers", find some purple throw pillows and narrow down the wall color options to one or two choices - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment