Saturday, April 23, 2011

Pining for Pinning: a new addiction.

I recently read about Pinterest a little while back over at Young House Love. So I decided to sign up for an invitation to join and even after joining I wasn't too sure what the big deal was.  However, after this weekend, I'm totally hooked.   I've wasted (or enjoyed - depending on how you look at it...) more hours than I'm willing to admit pining great pictures and ideas to my growing number of boards.  I'm in love!!  Within a week of joining I already have seven boards with over 350 pins!  Hopefully I can keep this new addiction under control this week when I go back to work...











Basically this site is a updated, neat online bookmarking site.  You "pin" images you find online to various "boards" you create based on themes you are interested in.  You can also "repin" images other members post to their boards.  There are categories in various art fields, interior decorating ideas, movies, books, fashion, people, and images of places around the world.  The site brings up the pins of your board in a collage along with the comments you make and a link to the original source for easy citations.













So, feel free to join me in my new web venture!  You can check out the site using the link above, or check out my boards here.  Feel free to follow, like my pins, or leave a comment.  Hope you can control yourself more than I did on the site, and that you enjoy it just as much!  Happy pinning!

2 comments:

  1. Love the do it yourself ideas! I never heard of pinning before... Thanks for sharing on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must check this out! Thanks for sharing. How adorable are those framed scrabble pieces?! Cute!

    ReplyDelete