Sunday, April 10, 2011

Branching Out

Inspired by many spring articles, magazines and blog entries, I decided to bring spring inside.  So when my white and pink flowery trees started to bloom yesterday, I headed out to clip a few branches!  However, it didn't go exactly as I'd hoped.  (How can you mess up branches, right? Well...)  I had to use scissors because I don't have any clippers, which was interesting.   I could only reach a few branches without getting out a ladder (which wasn't going to happen in the very wet/rainy conditions yesterday), so my branch art isn't as full as I had wanted.  Also, I don't really have any cute decorative vases around the house right now, so I had to use a colorful plastic cup.  With all of these conditions in mind, I was still fairly happy with my result.

So, not exactly as I had pictured, but I have a few ideas to make the next try a little better. 
1.  Break out that ladder to get a few more pieces, to get a fuller final product.
2.  Buy some clippers so I don't have to hack at tree branches with a pair of scissors.
3.  Find a neat vase for the branches, like these at Ikea.













Also, this fall I want to try a few other types of branch-y art, like the ones I found in this post by Dana at House*Tweaking.  I especially want to try adding paper flowers to the bare branches and the "stick star-burst" - maybe using a small mirror inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment