Sunday, March 27, 2011

Another Idea for the Guest Room

I'm struggling with the guest room for sure.  Originally, I was going to go with a sort of elegant purple theme, but decided I wanted something more gender-neutral for a guest room.  This lead me to the ideas in the previous post with grays, blacks, and yellows.  Now, I'm realizing the difficulty in picking a wall color that won't clash with the color I'm going with for the rest of the house (and hallway to the guest room).  Decisions, decisions!  So, now I'm thinking of going back to the purple color scheme and my guests will just have to deal with the girly guest room! :)  Here are my ideas for a girly purple-y guest room.

The color scheme:

The inspiration was this room from myhomeideas:


I am envisioning lavender walls, white bedding with a purple quilt and pillows, white curtains, dark purple and silver accents and plenty of opportunities for DIY updates (like a neat ceiling lamp and painted dresser!).  I'm hoping to make a theme decision (Gray or  Purple) soon and get to painting!

Here are some Ikea finds that might work in my Purple room:





1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I think your guests can deal with the girly guest room. I think it would be so exciting to have a house of your own to play with (don't get me wrong, I love the kids, but to just get to do whatever you want with your house... sounds nice)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete