Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bedroom and Closet Make-Over Plans!

I've never really gotten my bedroom set up in a way that I'm happy with, which lead me to start search Pinterest for ideas.  Here is basically what I'm working with at the moment (I've made a few updates since this photo was taken -- new lamp from Target, new night stand from Ikea, bed was moved but you get the idea!!)

Lately, I'm all about rooms with one purpose - library for reading, living room for lounging, bedroom for sleeping, office for working, etc.  It really helps my focus and relaxation.  With this in mind, I wanted to get things unrelated to sleeping out of the bedroom -- this being clothes and the excess furniture pieces.  I've also wanted a better bed set up.  Originally I loved the look of the simple bed on a plan metal frame with wheels, but this has proven a horrible idea on my hard-wood floors.  After a night of tossing and turning, I (and my bed) end up on the other side of the room!  So, with all of this in mind, it's time for a redo and I have a plan in mind! Here is the main pinspiration I found:
I love how peaceful and comfy it looks!  Surely conducive for sleeping!  To create this look in my room I going to try to emulate with more of my touch and style.  First, I'm thinking of going with a darkish gray wall (or possibly sticking with my deep turquoise color) instead of the warm tan in the above image.  Maybe something like this:

Then I'm going to use lots of sheer white, flowy curtains around the bed and window, an awesome bed frame from Ikea (oddly enough, the same one in the pinspiration picture above!), some white fluffy rugs and finally, a fake fireplace!  Yep, fake fireplace opposite the bed!  I'm going to find an old mantele piece, attach it too the wall, and put candles in place of the fire.  Kinda ike this from Young House Love , but with candles and a wood mantel, not brick....geez, you get the idea!:

To accomplish this, I will need to move the dresser out of my bedroom, which led me to to the guest room.  I've had my very very cute guest room set up for over a year, and not one guest.  Here is said very very cute guest room:
See how cute? :)  Well, what is the point of have a cute guest room with no guests??  Especially when it could be....wait for it....a GIANT WALK IN CLOSET?? Like this

Yeah..I know, I'm pretty excited too!  For now though, I'm hoarding ideas on Pinterest, shopping around for ideas, saving some $$, and fantasizing about my new bedroom and giant walk in closet/room!! Stay tuned! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment