Friday, June 1, 2012

Sew Difficult!

My mom bought me my first sewing machine recently and I couldn't wait to get started on a project.  I found this cute little squared make-up bag to try out on Pinterest.

This lead me to a great tutorial on the blog, Say Yes to Hoboken, which I followed exactly to make my own make up bag.

I started by gathering my materials...

Then I started in on setting the machine up...which was "fun"!


Finally got that stupid bobbin to thread!!

Don't be too overly impressed by my amazing sewing ability!  I know it looks awful, but once it was finished you could hardly see this mess I made!


Getting close! Halfway done and things really got easier from this point!



All done with my very first project!

Final product!  Not the best item every made, but not bad for my first sewing project ever!  

No comments:

Post a Comment